By using data about which walks have been downloaded, we've created a mechanism to help distribute people across our circular walks in Cornwall to assist with social distancing and footpath wear.
- The starting point is a list of walks which are off the beaten track
- These are shuffled into a different random order for every person to reduce the chances of any flocking on any one walk
- Anything that starts to float up into the most downloaded walks over the last 7 days is automatically removed from the list until it quietens down
It's also worth noting that the circular routes are written in a single direction only so the chances of meeting people walking in the opposite direction is minimised.
Note that being in rural locations:
- from June onwards, the footpaths may get overgrown in places so secateurs are recommended to help keep the paths clear for other people.
- many of these will be muddy during the winter months so wellies are advisable until the fields have dried out sufficiently for walking boots.
The ever-changing list is at: https://www.iwalkcornwall.co.uk/walks/quietest